We accept most insurance plans including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shields of Florida
- United Health Care
- Commercial Coventry
- Beech Street
- First Health
As participating providers of Medicare, we will file claims on your behalf. Under the Medicare program, each patient is responsible for a 20% co-payment after satisfying your Medicare deductible. As a courtesy, unless you request otherwise, we will also file any secondary insurance you may have.
We accept traditional Medicare and many Medicare replacement plans like:
- AARP United Health Care Medicare Complete
- Blue Cross Blue Shields
- United Health Care
Please call for additional insurance information.
As a participating provider with Florida Medicaid, eligibility and authorization must be documented in order for us to file your claims prior to any office visit or treatment.
Managed Care/Private Insurance
For patient convenience, we participate in most major managed care (HMO, PPO) plans. If pre-authorization is required prior to your visit or treatment, please make sure this is completed with your plan provider or primary care physician prior to your appointment. Otherwise, you will be responsible for the entire cost of your visit or procedure.
Our policy is to collect fees at the time of service unless other arrangements have been made. For your convenience, we accept most major credit cards.
Self-Pay and Other Plans
Some of our procedures and lens options are not covered by insurance. We have a variety of financing options to help you afford the vision services such as Care Credit. Visit our Financing page to learn more.
We look forward to helping patients see and feel their best.
If you do not see your insurance carrier or plan type listed below, please call our office at (727) 581-8706. Our policy is to collect fees at the time of service unless other arrangements have been made. For your convenience, we accept most major credit cards.
Below is a current list of accepted insurances. Updated 1/1/2021.
Accepted Vision Plans for Routine Eye Care:
- VCP (Vision Care Plan through Humana; routine service only)
- VISION SERVICE PLAN (VSP) (vision plan)
- EYEMED (ECPA) (vision plan)
- NVA – National Vision Administrators
Accepted Medical Insurances by Doctor:
- AETNA (Commercial and Medicare plans)
- ALLWELL MEDICARE ADVANTAGE HMO
- AMBETTER MARKETPLACE HMO
- BAY CARE PLUS MEDICARE ADVANTAGE HMO (No Routine Vision)
- BAY CARE (Exclusive Network through Cigna) (No Routine Vision)
- BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD / FLORIDA BLUE (Commercial and Medicare Plans) (We do not participate with BlueSelect or MyBlue)
- CIGNA (Commercial Plans)
- COVENTRY HEALTH CARE (Commercial Plans) (First Health Mail Handlers)
- GHI (PPO) / Emblem Health
- GOLDEN RULE
- GREAT WEST HEALTH CARE
- HUMANA (Commercial plans)
- HUMANA MILITARY (Champus, TriCare)
- MEDICAID (No Simply or Clear Health Alliance)
- MEDICARE & RR MEDICARE
- MOLINA HEALTHCARE MEDICARE
- MULTI-PLAN (Network) (Beech Street/PHCS)
- OXFORD HEALTH PLAN
- STAYWELL/WELLCARE MEDICAID
- SUNSHINE HEALTH MEDICAID HMO
- UNITED HEALTH CARE (Commercial and Medicare plans)