We accept most insurance plans including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shields of Florida
- United Health Care
- Commercial Coventry
- Beech Street
- First Health
As participating providers of Medicare, we will file claims on your behalf. Under the Medicare program, each patient is responsible for a 20% co-payment after satisfying your Medicare deductible. As a courtesy, unless you request otherwise, we will also file any secondary insurance you may have.
We accept traditional Medicare and many Medicare replacement plans like:
- AARP United Health Care Medicare Complete
- Blue Cross Blue Shields
- United Health Care
Please call for additional insurance information.
As a participating provider with Florida Medicaid, eligibility and authorization must be documented in order for us to file your claims prior to any office visit or treatment.
Managed Care/Private Insurance
For patient convenience, we participate in most major managed care (HMO, PPO) plans. If pre-authorization is required prior to your visit or treatment, please make sure this is completed with your plan provider or primary care physician prior to your appointment. Otherwise, you will be responsible for the entire cost of your visit or procedure.
Our policy is to collect fees at the time of service unless other arrangements have been made. For your convenience, we accept most major credit cards.
Self-Pay and Other Plans
Some of our procedures and lens options are not covered by insurance. We have a variety of financing options to help you afford the vision services such as Care Credit. Visit our Financing page to learn more.
We look forward to helping patients see and feel their best.
If you do not see your insurance carrier or plan type listed below, please call our office at (727) 581-8706. Our policy is to collect fees at the time of service unless other arrangements have been made. For your convenience, we accept most major credit cards.
Below is a current full list of accepted insurances. Updated 1/1/2021.
- Aetna (PPO, POS, HMO, EPO, QHP/off-exchange only, (Aetna Medicare PPO and Medicare Choice Plan HMO-POS only)
- AHP (Accountable Health Plan) (PPO)
- American Health Resource Network (PPO – includes Galaxy and National Provider Network)
- Bay Care Plus Medicare Advantage HMO (Complete, Rewards, Premier – Medical Only, No Routine)
- Bay Care (Exclusive Network through Cigna)
- Beech Street (Multi Plan)
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield FL (Traditional-PPS, BC Advantage 65, PPO, Blue Care/Health Options HMO, Network Blue, Blue Options,
- Blue Medicare PPO, Blue Medicare PFFS, Blue Medicare HMO – (FL cards will say “Florida Blue”)
- Champus/Tricare (see Humana Military)
- Cigna (PPO & HMO), Cigna Select, Cigna Connect, and Local Plus (No Medicare, No Disney HMO)
- Corvel/Alliance (w/c, group, auto)
- Coventry Health Care (no Medicare plans; group & W/C only) (First Health Mail Handlers)
- DCA (Direct Care America) (PPO)
- Eyemed (ECPA) (vision plan)
- Focus Health Care (w/c, auto, group)
- FPN (Fortified Provider Network) (PPO)
- GE Wellness Plan/GE Financial Assurance (see Vision Care Advantage)
- Global Health Claim Services (PPO)
- GHI (PPO) / Emblem Health
- Golden Rule (though United Healthcare)
- Great West Health Care (HMO, PPO, POS) (merged with Cigna)
- Healthsmart Network/Interplan Health Group
- Heritage Summit Health Care Inc.
- Humana (Commercial plans only – No Medicare plans; Medical Only – No Routine, No Marketplace Plans)
- Human Military (Champus, TriCare)
- Managed Care Strategies (PPO, Group, W/C)
- Medicaid Managed Medical Assistance (MMA) Plans (StayWell, Sunshine Health)
- Medicare & RR Medicare
- Molina Healthcare (Medicare Only)
- Multi-Plan (Network) (Beech Street/PHCS)
- MVP Healthcare PPO
- Neighborly Care Network
- Oxford Health Plan (thru United Healthcare – Choice and Choice Plus networks only)
- PFFS Plans (Private Fee for Service – Medicare replacement – offered by many companies)
- PHCS (Private Health Care Systems) (PPO) (Part of Multiplan Network)
- Prime Health Services (PPO)
- Procura Management (previously called QRS/VINCAM)
- PVP (Protective Vision Plan) (vision care discount plan)
- Staywell (WellCare) (Medicaid plan thru Premier)
- Suncoast Pace
- Sunshine Health (HMO MEDICAID, Allwell Medicare Advantage HMO and Ambetter Marketplace plan thru Envolve)
- Today’s Options (through Pyramid Life)
- United Health Care (PPO, HMO, Focus, Secure Horizons, Choice, Select, EPO, POS, Evercare, Community, Navigate, Core, Compass)
- USA Managed Care (w/c, auto, group, HMO, PPO)
- Vision Care Advantage (vision plan)
- VCI (Vision Care Inc., for routine eye exams)
- VCP (Vision Care Plan through Humana; routine service only)
- Vision Service Plan (VSP) (vision plan)