The Eye Institute of West Florida is resuming operations and seeing patients on a limited schedule.
We are working hard to accommodate more patients while maintaining our COVID-19 (coronavirus) safety measures.
Rest assured we are taking every precaution to safeguard our patients and staff. Based on CDC recommendations, we require patients coming in to our offices to comply with our coronavirus visit instructions listed below.
We look forward to continuing to provide excellent care in our beautiful west Florida community.
Patient requirements for upcoming appointments
- You must bring a mask covering your nose and mouth at all times. This can be a bandana, scarf, or some type of medical mask.
- Upon walking into our facility, you will be asked screener questions. If you answer yes to any of the following, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment in 30 days:
- Have tested positive or come into contact with COVID-19
- Traveled by air, train or ship in the last month inside or outside the USA
- Are having any respiratory issues including cough, fever or flu-like symptoms
- Your temperature will be checked with a digital, non-contact thermometer.
- If you do not have a fever, you will be asked to wait in your car until you receive a phone call from us to come in.
- Guests will not be allowed in our facility unless needed for translating or assisting you with movement.
Attending your appointment is vital
Since we are taking additional precautions to ensure your appointment is as safe as it possibly can be, it is critical to understand the importance of keeping your scheduled appointment.
To ensure our health and safety protocols are met, we are operating on a very limited schedule. This means each and every appointment is precious. If you miss your appointment, someone else in need of eye care cannot be scheduled in time. Unfortunately, there are many still on a waiting list to be seen.
We want you to know that we are in this together. To help in this endeavor, we have made it easy to communicate with us, day or night. Please contact us if you are unable to make your appointment so that we can replace you with someone who badly needs it.
You can text or call (727) 581-8706 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with schedule change requests.
We appreciate your understanding in these unprecedented times. Though the world around us may have changed, our commitment to you, your safety, and your precious sense of vision will always endure.
Our efforts to protect patients at our offices
We are in this together. Our staff and administration are taking extra precautions throughout our offices to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Staff are taking their temperatures and screened for any COVID-19 symptoms prior to starting their shift.
- Staff are wearing protective gear including face mask, safety glasses, gloves, scrubs and drapes that are either sanitized or discarded each day.
- Staff are wiping down the exam room including chairs, desk, computer, slit lamp, door handles and light switches after every patient.
- Staff are wiping down testing equipment before and after every test is administered.
- Lobby chairs have been arranged for social distancing 6 feet apart.
- Staff are escorting patients into exam rooms 10 feet apart.
Please understand that we are taking these precautions to ensure the safety and protection of our patients and staff. If you are having any issues complying with our instructions, call us at (727) 581-8706 to make other arrangements.
We are now offering virtual visits for patients in need of eye care.
The Eye Institute remains committed to safeguarding our patients, staff and community during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. If you need us we are here for you.
Patients are able to have a virtual appointment with select providers for basic eye exams, dry eye and allergy assessments, cataract consultations, routine follow-up care, and prescription refills.
Our virtual eye appointments are designed to not only care for our existing patients, but for new patients experiencing eye problems.
The telemedicine appointments offered through Doxy.Me have many benefits including:
- A virtual face-to-face visit with one of our providers from anywhere
- Eliminates the frustration of commuting
- Covered by many insurance providers
- No login, account creation, or app download required
- Ease of access to care
Setting up a virtual visit with one of our participating providers is quick and easy. Click here for more information on the telemedicine service or to schedule your virtual visit with The Eye Institute of West Florida.